Designed by Dave Matthews and master craftsman William Johnson and finished in 2000, the Blenheim Vineyards winery building was designed to have minimal impact on the environment.
The building is split into the tasting room above, from which you can peer through paneled glass floors into the wine production facility below, which is kept cool by being nestled into the side of a hill. Constructed from reclaimed wood fitted together with mortise and tenon joints, the timber frame tasting room is lined with south-facing windows and skylights, which facilitate full daylighting of the space. In fact, no electricity is required to light the space in the summer. In the winter, the lights are only turned on once it gets dark outside, and the tasting room benefits from passive solar heating throughout the day as well.
Our outdoor spaces are open by reservation only Thursday - Sunday from 11am - 5:30pm.
- We allow groups of 8-24 people by reservation ONLY with a non refundable fee of $2 per person.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people at all times.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or have a temperature.
- Children and leashed dogs must stay with you at ALL times.
- Outdoor seating is weather dependent.